160mm 6″ Inch Non Return Valve Rat Blocker
The Sewerstore Valve 160mm 6inch is a UK manufactured product which prevents the migration of rats from the main sewer system into your property. The stainless steel gate blocks the rat’s path whilst still allowing water and waste to flow freely through the drain. The Sewerstore Ratbarrier can be installed in either the up or downstream direction of flow.
The device is humane, poison free and environmentally friendly and designed to work with both 6-inch clay or PVC systems
1x stainless steel Ratbarrier
1x Stainless Cable
1x stainless steel anchor cable with D-shackle
1x hammer fix screw and 6mm wall plug
1x caution tag
To install, you will need the following:
1 x Masonary drill and bit
1x Hammer or rubber Mallet
Please note the same installation applies to our Anti Flood Valves Drainage
- Locate and open manhole cover and identify direction of flow from the property by running taps and flushing toilets, non return valves should be fitted to every outlet from the property to ensure complete protection. Ensure outlets are suitable for the installation of the valves, if outlets are curved then modification may be required to allow room to install.
- Apply latex Gloves and eye protection to protect against splash back of sewage
- Clean all outlets and ensure they are free from dirt or debris.
- Push Valve into outlet a rubber mallet maybe required to gently tap the metal body of the valve pushing it into the outlet, valve should be pushed in enough so that the rubber seal is just visible.
- Ensure flap operation is correct by running the water through the pipe by flushing the toilet or running taps.
- Ensure hinge is aligned vertically and flap opens and closes without fouling.
- If using the retaining cable drill hole approximately 5-10 inches above the valve into the wall of the chamber and push in the raw plug, screw in o ring screw and attach the cable (The cable prevents the valve from blocking the sewer if in the unlikely event it became loose)
- Maintenance by inspection of the valve should be carried out once per year ensuring hinge is functioning correctly.